Cadoganhall

Afghanistan

0 Feedback 100%

26th June 2015 10:24 pm

Last online 26th June 2015 10:24 pm



Cadogan Hall is a 900-seat venue two minutes walk from Sloane Square tube station in the heart of Chelsea, hosting over 300 concerts and events per year.

First opened in 1907 as a New Christian Science Church designed by Robert Fellowes Chisholm, the hall hosted congregations of 1400 in its heyday. However, like most other churches there was a decline in attendances and in 1996 the congregation moved to a smaller church. The property was sold but fell into disuse for several years.
Cadogan Estate purchased the Hall in 2000 to safeguard its future. Through their connection with Opera Holland Park, Cadogan discovered that the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra was looking for a permanent base in London. Cadogan Hall was an excellent opportunity for the orchestra to benefit from Cadogan’s aim to bring the former church back into useful life in a manner befitting its character and civic presence. The Hall reopened as a concert hall in June 2004.


User Feedback


No Feedback Received

No Feedback Received