O2ABCGlasgow

United Kingdom

0 Feedback 100%

8th July 2015 7:23 pm

Last online 8th July 2015 7:23 pm



In March 2009, Academy Music Group became the majority stakeholder in O2 ABC Glasgow.
Situated in Sauchiehall Street, the O2 ABC occupies the distinctive Art Deco building and is spread over four floors, incorporating two live music venues – O2 ABC (1,362 capacity) and O2 ABC2 (350 capacity).
Originally built in 1875, it became one of the first buildings in Glasgow to be fitted with electricity in 1888 making it the ideal site for city’s first public film showing in May 1896. It later converted to the Hippodrome and became the home for Hengler’s Circus from 1904-1927, with films being shown out of season. The building was largely rebuilt around this time to become Waldorf Palais Dance Hall until November 1929 when it was re-named The Regal, ABC’s flagship cinema in Glasgow.


User Feedback


No Feedback Received

No Feedback Received